First, I'm please to announce that the winner of the Suits Me Swimwear giveaway is 'FallingLadies'. Ms. FallingLadies-- you did not leave an email address!! Please contact me before Friday, 5/20/11 or a new winner will be chosen.
Second....our weekly updates....
My week has gone well. I was ridiculously scared to start week 4 of the C25K program because it has 5 min running stretches, as the 3 min stretches in week 3 were conspiring to kill me. BUT-- I realized that if I took my speed down, I could do them without fear of death. So, I'm running a lot slower than I'd like right now, but I'm able to do longer stretches, which is more important at the moment.Weight loss is still slow-but-steady at a pound-ish a week, I'm down a total of 8lbs since I started trying to loose weight a couple weeks before we stated this blog and the running process. This week, I think the greatest thing for me is the amazingness (is that a word? it is now) of my friends and family who are being SO SUPPORTIVE of this process. Seriously. There aren't words for all the support I've received since this started, and if karma is real, everyone should be getting a delivery of a million dollars and a house-broken puppy that cleans floors and windows.
Emily moved this week. (GAH! We all know what that's like!) So, between moving stress, finishing her semester, and eating all her food to clean out her fridge, she hopes to have maintained her current weight and will resume trying to lose once the dust has settled. And, for a moment I will digress and brag about my cousin being awesome-- because you must know that she is back in her hometown for the summer playing a pivotal role in an international children's project that promotes peace keeping and international understanding. She is awesome.
How are your goals/projects coming? Link up and let us know! (New to "Getting Stuff Done?" Welcome! More info here.)
But wait, there's more!! We have another giveaway!
Like many of you, I spend more time than I care to admit trolling around etsy.com. On a recent peruse, I fell in LOVE with the "Bake, Eat, Run" T-shirt from MK Design Haus. It pretty much explains how I got into this whole running mess to begin with. I was even more excited when I found out that, not only do they make awesome shirts, but MK Design Haus donates 10% of each purchase to charities in their local area.
Mary of MK Design Haus is giving away the T-Shirt of the winner's choice from her shop!!
Here is how to enter:
- Follow this blog! Leave a comment saying that you follow AND which item from MK Design Haus you would choose if you win. Don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact you if you are the winner. (This entry is mandatory)
- Follow @JVdesigns on twitter and tweet about this giveaway! Leave a link to your tweet in a comment.
- Purchase an item from MK Design Haus. Leave a comment saying what you purchased. You get an additional entry for each item you purchase!
- Blog about this giveaway! Leave a link to your post in a comment.
- Link up to today's "Getting Stuff Done". You will automatically be given an entry in the giveaway if you link up.
Giveaway is open until 11:59pm Chicago time, Sunday, May 22, 2011. I'll announce the winner on Monday, May 23, 2011.