Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Getting Stuff Done - Link up!

Emily and I have both discussed how part of this blog is about keeping us accountable. We have both previously started health/fitness/weight loss ventures that we have quickly abandoned. We have both set goals and made resolutions outside of fitness and health that we have let fade into the background.

But, sometimes, when we share a goal out loud, it's easier to achieve. Once it's public, we have support and resources and community.


We are very grateful for the supportive community we have here with all of you and we want to share! Every Monday, we'll host an "I am Getting Stuff Done" linkup.

If you have a goal you are working towards, we'd love for you to blog it and link up! It can be any goal-- maybe you, too, are trying to drop some pounds. Or, maybe you want to feel good about how you look now. Or, maybe you are trying to get a better hold on your budget. Or maybe you are looking for a job or a house or in some other long term project. Or, maybe you just want to stop leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Or maybe it's something totally different. Whatever it is, we hope you'll share it here, either by blogging and linking, or by leaving a comment. If you have something you don't want to share the specifics of, but would like to join in, you can say just that!

Every Monday, we'll check in and see how everyone is doing.

What to join us?? GREAT! All you need to do is....
  • Blog about your goal or project. (If you don't blog, that's ok, skip down to the last bullet point)
  • Link up to our weekly post! Let us know how your goal or project is going!
  • Grab the button in our sidebar! Help spread the word and grow our community of supporters. Let everyone know you are holding yourself accountable and getting stuff done! (You don't have to do this, but it's be fun if you did!)
  • If you don't blog, you can participate by commenting on the weekly posts. 

Our update on our progress for this week:

Emily:
  • I generally do my C25K workouts MWF, so far, I'm done with Week 2 and will be done with Week 3 Day 1 by the time you read this! 
  • Weight loss... On track. I've lost about 5lbs since being pretty serious about my diet and running. I wish it was more, but you win some, you lose some!
  • Life in general: super busy/stressful week last week with getting ready for finals, and this week looks like it will be no different! This could account for my overwhelming desire for chocolate and comfort foods... :)
Julie:
  • I was on a roll with my C25K workouts, 3-4 days a week until last week I developed severe tendonitis in my left knee. I'm temporarily on the injured list and will post more about this later this week.
  • Weight loss is slow goings. I knew this would be the case based on allergies, etc. I'm down 2.5 pounds since I started running/dieting. I find this frustrating.
  • I began the great hunt for the perfect running shoe this week. I'll write about that, soon, too!

Your turn! Tell us about your goals/projects and link up!


3 comments:

  1. Don't be frustrated about the "slow" weight loss... if you drop it fast it's more likely to come back, slow and steady wins the race, as they say! :) Good job, ladies!

    Right now my main goals are to provide a nice safe home for my growing bebe, and to try to keep my house half-ways decent and picked-up if I have any energy left from growing a human. :) The first one is going well, the second one is up and down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a timely post - I just updated over at mine about how I'm doing with Cto5K and the weight-loss. I'm with you all the way girls. I agree with Cameron - this time we'll be the turtle and not the hare and this will be the time we do it properly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cameron and Carmen! Focus on the healthy living part of your goals. What's important is how you feel and not what's on the scale! My friends and I are pretty quick to quit when we think too much about that pesky little scale. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete