Monday, June 6, 2011

Getting Stuff Done- Monday Update

Well, this week was a tough one for both of us. I (Julie) started into my fabulous yet busy June, which involves a lot of visiting old friends, travel, and eating. I was in Indianapolis this weekend for a 30th birthday party for one of my most fantastic friends/former roommate!! I also had lunch with another former roommate, which was beyond awesome, as my chances to see these fantastic ladies are few and far between these days. That being said, I ate a lot of food. This combined with the fact that being out of town/busy cut into the workouts, I'm up half a pound today. BLARG. I suppose I deserve it. As penance, I woke up early this morning and went for my first ever outdoor run. I walked most of it, but I TRIED, right?? I plan to try again tomorrow, and, if I can keep myself motivated, I might try and do it every weekday morning in addition to getting to the gym in the evenings to do weights. This is ambitious. Not sure how I feel about it. :-) BUT- this month is so insane, I don't see any other way of getting in any decent workout time.

Emily says.....

Blah. It looks like I need to take another look at my motivation post because I was so unmotivated this week. After my long run on Memorial Day, I lost steam, and no, I don't know why. I did a day of my exercise DVD and did some walking all around a local amusement park, but no more running. Oh, the shame!! I should be back on track starting today though. I have my alarm set and everything so that I go out before it gets too hot!
In other news, I will be going on vacation this week with some of my extended family (but sadly, without Julie), so I am looking forward to doing some active things with my family instead of sitting inside! Ready, go!

How about you? How are your goals/projects going?

1 comment:

  1. I have sooo much to do this week. I want to declutter/straighten up my house so I booked a cleaning crew to come in and deep clean this Thursday... which means I need to get everything done before they come, so they don't have to clean around my piles. :) So it's a motivator and a reward wrapped into one. :)

    I also need to send out thank you cards for a baby shower, make and send out a ton of jewelry orders (hooray!), and catch up (or at least stop falling even more behind!) in an online class. My To Do list is my friend this week!

    Good luck to all of us!

    ReplyDelete