Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting Stuff Done - Monday Update

It's Monday again. This keeps on happening, like, way faster than it's supposed to. :-)

I had a great week exercise wise and food wise. I reverted back to week 5 of C25K after feeling like I was loosing endurance and ability to sustain a run. I'm going to start from there and move forward again and see what happens. On Saturday, I met up with the Tarnawas at the Botanical Gardens where we walked for an hour, and later that day we went shopping and walked for another hour or so. On Sunday, I went for a 12.5 mile walk with my friend Daniela who is training for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3 day in August. (Wanna do something good today? Support her fundraising for such a great cause!) The weather was perfect for walking and the city was beautiful-- we walked from Ravenswood down to the Lincoln Park Zoo, catching all kinds of sights on the way, including the tail end of the Pride Parade, which made for excellent entertainment.

During the week I was the poster girl for healthy eating, allowing myself a cheeseburger transgression on the weekend and a post-12.5 mile walk desert. I was excited to get on the scale this morning, because as of Friday I was down 3.5 lbs for the week. What did I see this morning?? UP a half a pound from where I was last week. I'm certain this is water related, as I walked a lot, got a lot of sun, and didn't drink as much water as I should have. With or without this rationalization, I'm annoyed.

I'm not sure if we will hear from Emily this week, as she is smack in the middle of her summer program.

How about all of you? How are you doing Getting Stuff Done??


1 comment:

  1. I've started my own blog. My goal is to keep it up. So I'm getting stuff done. I'm going to visit Emily at her camp's open day this weekend, so I will definitely tell her hello there. Keep writing about your running so I can live through you. My doctor has vetoed any exercise for me. :-(

    ReplyDelete