Saturday, July 30, 2011

Music or no music?

When is it time to turn off the music? It occurred to me this month how antsy many people get without music in the background. The campers always requested iPod speakers in the showers and we generally always had music on in the staff office. Is it just a facet of our society today that we have our own personal soundtracks to accompany us wherever we go?

I generally have my iPod in the gym (mainly so I don't hear other people huffing and puffing around me)! I also use my iPod outside while I'm running so that I can listen to the podcast that tells me when to run and when to walk. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be better off using my running time to think and reflect... Maybe that is something that can only be achieved once you are in shape enough to run for long periods without having to think about stopping for a rest.

Do you use music when you work out? For all workouts? Just in the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment