- It allowed me to take half a day off work to hang out with Erin and the NOT feel guilty about our impressive calorie consumption due to running 5K.
- It is a non-competitive race, so it's designed for fun and it is OK to walk. Thus, it brings out people of all ages. I was lapped by many old men and small children. I think I should be ashamed of that, but I'm taking it as a badge of honor. :-) (For the record, and to preserve her honor, Erin really runs and finished in very respectable time.)
- People dress up like Elvis to run the race. (HILARIOUS!) Erin and I did not dress up, but were planning on sequinsing it up until we were DISMAYED to find out we know NO ONE who owns a Bedazzler. How do we not know anyone who owns a bedazzler???
- At the end, they give you beer and frozen bananas dipped in chocolate. This is brilliant. I can't consume either of said items, but it's awesome in theory.
- AND-- if you do things with Erin, she is your social media coordinator and tweets, facebooks and takes photos so you don't have to. It's GENIUS. :-)
Pre-Race photo....I like how the sun makes it look like I'm some kind of superhero who can materialize/dematerialize.
Fun with shadows. By the porta-pottys. OK, so maybe we could have chose a better location.
We hadn't stretched yet, but we made sure we were IDed and ready for the post-race beer.
Me, at the finish line, wondering why the hell I agreed to run a race.......
Finish line BEER!!! I smile because I'm done. Erin smiles because she knows she gets both beers.
I pout at you, beer to which I am allergic!!!