Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Annnnnnd... we're back!

Hello!!

So, I haven't posted here in FOR-EV-ER. I took a break in my training due to an unexpected turn in my illness. However, I'm happy to say that I am good to go again!

Over my winter break, I picked back up on my training and have been able to accomplish a few long runs (9 miles and almost 8 miles), with "conditioning" runs during the week, ranging from about 30 minutes to an hour. I still am doing a run/walk combo, where I run for at least a minute or two and then walk for a minute or so. I am getting much better about knowing when I can push myself and when I need to walk for an extra minute, but I'm starting to learn that running is much more of an art in getting to know yourself than I ever thought possible.

In other news, the costume for the run is in the works. I've ordered a tutu (and I'm SO excited about it), planned a hairstyle/tiara placement, and I just need to figure out what shirt I'm going to wear.

LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO!! I can't wait!

1 comment: